[gpodder-devel] [iPod] trouble with sync'ing to iPod 3th generation

  • From: wvanrooijen at yahoo.com (Wilfred van Rooijen)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have managed to get it working. I found an entry somewhere on the internet
that said that if gpodder refuses to sync podcasts to an iPod, you have to
manually transfer the first podcast, and after that gpodder will take care of
everything. In my case I used rhythmbox to transfer a podcast, and after that I
was able to sync a podcast with gpodder.

I guess it has something to do with initializing the database on the iPod or
something. I remember from way back in the past (more than three years ago)
that there was indeed an issue with starting a database on an iPod from
scratch. Apparently gpodder is not always capable of doing that.

Regards,
Wilfred