[gpodder-devel] iPod touch update

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:15:04 +0100

Hello, Pieter!

Pieter De Decker wrote:
> Everything is working like a charm, except for one thing: video podcasts
> don't show up in the video menu. If you try to play them from the Music >
> Podcasts menu, you only get to hear the audio. This is normal, this also
> happens with iTunes podcasts (except for the fact that they don't show up in
> the Video menu).

Ok, I think we can fix this with a bit trial-and-error and probably some
iTunesDB-related changes. It just needs some of your time to help :)

> This podcast has been transferred to my player using iTunes and does show up
> in the Video menu: [...]
>
> This podcast has been transferred to my player using gPodder and doesn't
> show up in the Video menu: [...]

 From the screenshots, I can't see much difference, except for the
bitrate that is set. One thing that might be related to this is that for
video podcasts, we need to add the track to a special playlist. Is there
a special "videos" or "video podcasts" playlist on the iPod that can be
seen with gtkpod? What about adding a video to the iPod using gtkpod? Is
that displayed in the iPod's menus then?

> By the way, I added a page to the gPodder wiki about the iPod touch. You can
> find it here: http://gpodderwiki.jottit.com/ipodtouch

That's very good. I've linked it from the Wiki's start page under "iPod
Touch HOWTO".

Now, for the enhanced podcasts: Can you please send me the gtkpod
screenshots of the properties page of a track that has been synced from
both iTunes and gPodder, just like you did for the video podcasts above?

Are enhanced podcasts added correctly when adding the single downloaded
file from the feed (m4a) using gtkpod?