[gpodder-devel] iPod touch update

  • From: pdedecker at gmail.com (Pieter De Decker)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:53:34 +0100

Hi,

I got my iPod touch two days ago. I had to jailbreak it, only to find out
that libgpod's support for my new device is limited to reading the iPod
database and that I can't actually write anything to it. So right now, *it's
impossible* to use gPodder with the iPod touch. Ouch. Ah well, thanks to
AppSnapp *(a hack that also provides an awful lot of new apps)* I can
install some kind of podcatcher on my iPod touch, but it's just not the
same. This thing doesn't put my podcasts in the actual Podcast menu, which
is a total bummer.

Here's what the program looks like:
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9308/1000786cn5.jpg (look for the
MobileCast icon)
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1959/1000787ua0.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/954/1000788jx7.jpg (Undownloaded podcasts
have a red dot, downloaded podcasts have a green one. There's no indication
of whether you've listened to a certain episode or not.)

I'll have to keep an eye on the libgpod project but for now, I won't be able
to use gPodder any longer. I'll be back as soon as the Touch gets write
support though. :)

Pieter