[gpodder-devel] iPod Classic firmware update no sync

  • From: brian.mckee at gmail.com (Brian McKee)
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:29:50 -0400

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Thomas Perl <thp at perli.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 04:48 -0300, Silvio Sisto wrote:
>>         And I'd like to point out that's why I just bought a Cowan D2
>>         rather
>>         than replace my dead iPod mini with a Nano or Touch....
>>
>> I have an 80GB iPod. All players I've seen that come close to that
>> capacity are too large to carry on your pocket.
>> I really liked the Rio Karma. But as my library grew it's hard drive
>> became too small.
>
> In such cases it's also worth considering cleaning up the library and
> getting rid of music you don't listen to anyway. I did this for my iPod
> with 6GB of space (removing all songs and then cherry-picking the songs
> I want to have with me on the go). The positive result is that when I'm
> now in shuffle mode, I only get to hear songs that I really like
> (mostly).

In my case, my library (which is regrettably full of cruft) would be
too large for even an 80 gig iPod.  Guess I'm a packrat :-)
8 gig internal and SD card expansion slots mean I can keep a
(relatively) small selection of music and a bunch of podcasts with me
and leave the rest at home.  It suits me well, but I can see where it
wouldn't fit everybody.

Brian