[gpodder-devel] how to set new/played status on episodes?

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:09:22 +0100

Hello, Bernd!

Bernd wrote:
> The error occur if you define a SMB/CIF directory for "download_dir" in
> the settings Dialog. Every tested local dir worked, but no SMB-dir. I
> tried to set the SMB-dir directly in the settings-file
> (~/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf) and this solution worked. But so you
> are losing the functionality, that gPodder copies all channel-files
> (downloaded episodes, channel-cover, channel-xml) to the new location.
> It would be great if you could review this error. I think it's an
> important feature, because there are sure a few people out there, who
> are stored there data directly on a NAS or SMB-Share.

Yes, that's a known problem, I think. Please add it to the TODO list at
http://gpodderwiki.jottit.com/todo

> Would be great if there is the possibility to sort the channel list by
> alphabet.

This feature is already implemented in the latest version of gPodder
(0.10.3). You can see if you distribution has a new package or try out
the SVN version.

Instructions are at http://gpodderwiki.jottit.com/running-from-svn

> Would be great if there is the possibility to classify the channels in
> the channel list by categories. If you have a big list of channels, it's
> difficult to keep track of.

I think someone has mentioned this already, but it has not been
implemented yet. Maybe someone wants to volunteer? Please add this as a
wishlist item to http://gpodderwiki.jottit.com/todo

> Would be great if there is the possibility to sort the episodes by
> Status/Episode/Size/Released/Description.

It is currently sorted by "date released". I think this is the most
obvious way of sorting episodes. If you are talking about deleting old,
played episodes there is a better feature already in gPodder 0.10.3: The
episode selector. I really don't see a point in sorting by description.
The rest (Status, Size) might be added, but I have no time to do it
right now, so you are better off adding this to the TODO list on the
wiki, too: http://gpodderwiki.jottit.com/todo

Enjoy,