[gpodder-devel] gpodder startup fails on GPodderStatusIcon class definition

  • From: bill at barnard-engineering.com (Bill Barnard)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:18:18 -0800

I have only just installed gPodder from a locally modified src rpm and
ran into a couple problems you might want to know about, and one I'd
like some help with.

I used Jef Spaleta's v0.10.4-1 src rpm and modified it to work in my FC4
environment and with v0.11.0. I found that a couple require dependencies
were not listed in the spec file: cairo & pycairo. (When I ran gpodder
it raised an error regarding the missing cairo - I'm assuming this must
be the one from http://cairographics.org )

So anyway, now when I run gpodder (cmd line) it raises a new error when
it is, I believe, first defining the GPodderStatusIcon class:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 155, in ?
    sys.exit( main())
  File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 129, in main
    from gpodder import gui
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 42, in ?
    from gpodder import trayicon
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gpodder/trayicon.py", line 43,
in ?
    class GPodderStatusIcon(gtk.StatusIcon):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'StatusIcon'

> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gpodder/trayicon.py(43)?()
-> class GPodderStatusIcon(gtk.StatusIcon):
(Pdb)

If I'm reading this correctly it means there is no StatusIcon defined in
the gtk module. I have pygtk2-2.6.2-0.fc4.4 (rpm) installed.

Is there something I'm missing, or something I can do to help debug
this?

Thanks, Bill