[gpodder-devel] gpodder hook script repository

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 21:50:30 +0100

Hi Bernd!

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 08:31:18PM +0100, Bernd wrote:
> I created a github repository which includes two hook scripts for
> gPodder.
> https://github.com/brot/gpodder-hook-scripts
>
> I will add more scripts if I need more for my own purpose. Feel free to
> use my scripts and/or fork the github directory.
> It would also be nice if you could send me your pull requests with your
> scripts so we could build a repository with user generated hook scripts.
>
> Which hook scripts do you use at the moment?

Sounds great. You might want to add the example hook scripts from the
gPodder folder (bittorrent.py and mp3split.py from doc/dev/examples/) to
the repository, and we can remove these scripts from the gPodder
repository then and add a README file that points to your repository :)

It would be nice to have a good collection of scripts for gPodder in
that repository - this way, we can make gPodder more modular and
"outsource" feature requests to hook scripts, as I'm planning on
removing some of the features in the current version to clean up the
code.