[gpodder] Re: gPodder extension for getting playback position from MPRIS-capable media players

  • From: Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 09:17:22 +0200

Hi Dov,

On 2014-04-27 01:06, Dov Feldstern wrote:
I've written an extension for gPodder which listens to playback
notifications sent over MPRIS [1] and translates them to gPodder's
native Media Player D-Bus API [2]. This means that the last-played
position can now be obtained from any MRPIS-capable player (in theory;
so far I've tested only with VLC).

Being a mercurial guy, I've posted the extension over at BitBucket
[3]. If this is*really*  painful to people here, I can make a Git
mirror as well. But I hope that the extension can soon be incorporated
(as an extension) into gPodder itself, in which case it will be a moot
point...

Cool extension, can you submit it for inclusion into the gPodder 3 main repository via a pull request on Github? (github.com/gpodder/gpodder)