[gpodder-devel] gPodder: Seeking testers of new version

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:08:50 +0200

Hello, Wilfred!

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 14:33 -0700, Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:
> It seems to me that gpodder finds the feed, and
> analyzes it, but still refuses to connect. You can try
> for yourself, go to www.kxradio.nl, then click on
> 'podcasts' (top of the page), you'll see a number of
> available feeds, try one for yourself.

I've fixed the problem (no pubDate field in feed), but the feed from
kxradio is REALLY UGLY(!!). There is no title, no pubDate, no filesize.

I've added some compatibility updates to make using these feeds with
gPodder more pleasant (it tries to build a title from the basename of
the URL, which works for kxradio and also detects negative file size).

Hope that makes things working again. But please, please tell kxradio to
fix their stupid, damned, ugly, buggy RSS feeds!

See: http://feedvalidator.org/

Although feedvalidator.org doesn't complain about an empty
<title></title> for the episodes, it surely is stupid - bah!

gPodder tries to make the best of it :)