[gpodder-devel] gPodder: Seeking testers of new version

  • From: alistair.sutton at gmail.com (Alistair Sutton)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:06:55 +0100

On 31/08/2007, Thomas Perl <thp at perli.net> wrote:
> Hello, Alistair!
>
> On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 21:50 +0100, Alistair Sutton wrote:
> > Just been reading through this discussion (got a lot of backed up
> > email I need to get through) and was wondering if this would be
> > something similar to what I'm seeing.
> >
> > Since changing to running the new trunk version at least half a dozen
> > of the podcasts in my list no longer get their rss feeds updated and
> > won't display any cached contents when selected.
> >
> > I've tried removing one of the feeds and readding it but all gpodder
> > says is that the feed cannot be added.
> >
> > Is there a debug option to get gpodder to display more output on the
> > console so I can try and find out what is going on as all of these
> > podcasts worked before trunk was changed.
>
> I've make the handling of missing metadata in enclosure fields (length
> and mime type) more liberal, so gPodder will now happily read in the
> channels you sent me in private mail and every channel has episodes.
>
> Please try it out and tell me if it works. Most of these bugs is just
> tweaking the feedparser -> gPodder podcastChannel/podcastItem conversion
> code. Thanks for taking the time to test and bug report!

It's fixed the LinuxActionShow feed and one or two others but there
are still some that fail (e.g.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/hashlugradio-ogg)

I did try manually editing it out of the channels list (because even
though the gui tries to delete it, it fails) and adding it back in but
no joy.

:-)

Al

--