[gpodder-devel] gPodder: Seeking testers of new version

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:42:27 +0200

Hello, Alistair!

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 21:50 +0100, Alistair Sutton wrote:
> Just been reading through this discussion (got a lot of backed up
> email I need to get through) and was wondering if this would be
> something similar to what I'm seeing.
>
> Since changing to running the new trunk version at least half a dozen
> of the podcasts in my list no longer get their rss feeds updated and
> won't display any cached contents when selected.
>
> I've tried removing one of the feeds and readding it but all gpodder
> says is that the feed cannot be added.
>
> Is there a debug option to get gpodder to display more output on the
> console so I can try and find out what is going on as all of these
> podcasts worked before trunk was changed.

I've make the handling of missing metadata in enclosure fields (length
and mime type) more liberal, so gPodder will now happily read in the
channels you sent me in private mail and every channel has episodes.

Please try it out and tell me if it works. Most of these bugs is just
tweaking the feedparser -> gPodder podcastChannel/podcastItem conversion
code. Thanks for taking the time to test and bug report!