[gpodder] Re: gPodder 3.8.4 and 4.6.0 released

  • From: Danilo Shiga <daniloshiga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 09:51:53 +0000

Thanks Thomas!

Em seg, 25 de mai de 2015 06:49, Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

Hi,

Yesterday I took the time to bring the releasing of gPodder back to a
level that's more in sync with what landed in Git in the last few
months:

gPodder 3.8.4 "Moving Mountain" released
http://blog.gpodder.org/2015/05/gpodder-384-moving-mountain-released.html

gPodder 4.6.0 "Industrial" released
http://blog.gpodder.org/2015/05/gpodder-460-industrial-released.html

Of course the source tarballs are already available. Thanks to the CI
improvements that were done last year, packages for the following
OSes/platforms are already available:

* gPodder 3 for Windows
* gPodder 3 for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan (Nokia N9)
* gPodder 3 DEB for Linux (Debian/Ubuntu)
* gPodder 3 RPM for Linux (Fedora)
* gPodder 4 APK for Android
* gPodder 4 for Sailfish OS

The Blackberry Playbook and Blackberry 10 releases of gPodder 4 are
delayed, because there were some QML ListView layout issues found in
BB10 during testing that I didn't had the time and motivation to fix.
That may involve getting an up to date BB10 SDK set up and building a
recent version of Qt 5 and PyOtherSide with it (and then gPodder 4 on
top of that, and testing all this), and I'm not yet sure when I'll
find the time to do that.

gPodder 4.6.0 now uses the minidb[1] library for storing its database
(which in turn uses SQLite 3), this is a performance improvement
compared to the JSON-based storage we used before. However, not
requiring SQLite3 in gPodder 4 has helped bring gPodder 4 to Android
and Blackberry 10 earlier, since those OSes required special treatment
to get the sqlite3 module (a C Extension Module) working. The data
should automatically be converted from the 4.4.0 format to 4.6.0 once
you start gPodder 4.6.0 for the first time, if there are any problems
with that, report a bug[2].

Enjoy!
Thomas

[1] http://thp.io/2010/minidb/