[gpodder-devel] gPodder 2.0 "Day of the Tentacle" released

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:57:59 -0700

Hello there!

Long time no release. That's why I decided to push gPodder 2.0
out today and wait for some general feedback before starting the
next iteration of development that will add support for Maemo 5
to the new release.

To all translators who have sent me translations: Sorry for not
including your files in this release, I will contact you and ask
for a new translation based on the new template if your translation
is incomplete after I've merged it.

As I said, the next release should not be too far away, and we
include fixes for bugs that you report and new translations and
of course support for Maemo 5, if the time allows it.

More details on the updated http://gpodder.org/news website. If you
are a packager, please package this new version for your distributon.
Packages for Debian and Ubuntu will be available soon, and it's the
same with the Windows version. For Maemo 4 (N800 and N810), a new
package is already available in Maemo Extras-Devel and will be pushed
to Maemo Extras soon.

I hope you like this release and make good use of the new features.
Also, I hope you like the new icon/logo, even though it's purple ;)

Development continues in the Git repository, so if you are a power
user, please continue using the latest development release and
report any bugs you find in the Git master branch. Thanks! :)

Have fun!