[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.9.5 released

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:09:39 +0200

Hello!

I've released the current svn trunk head as gPodder 0.9.5. The next
release will be based on my experimental version, so for all of you
using the Subversion release, you can either go to gPodder 0.9.5 which
will be more stable during development, or switch to the experimental
version when we have fixed some more bugs.

If you want to help gPodder evolve, start testing the experimental
version soon, I'd love to hear feedback and fix obvious bugs that are
visible for your feeds, but not for mine ;)

Of course, you can still support gpodder by having a look at my Amazon
wishlist, by contributing through bug reports, documentation and patches
or by a donation:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/registry/2PD2MYGHE6857
http://gpodder.berlios.de/contribute.html
http://gpodder.berlios.de/donate.html

======================

I'm glad to announce a new gPodder release. This release focuses mainly
on stability, code clean-ups and bugfixes. This version marks the last
release closely based on previous releases: The next release version of
gPodder will be based on a version between 0.9.4 and 0.9.5, but has
undergone massive re-organization and simplification allowing many cool
features.

But for now, gPodder 0.9.5 is what you get and it's strongly recommended
to upgrade to this version to get all bug fixes and compatibilty
upgrades that will make the upgrade to the next version as seamless as
possible (hopefully ;). Grab your copy now or wait until your
distribution publishes a package.

Features
      * Download status tab now displays number of downloads-in-progress
        in its title
      * Synchronization of episodes without title to FS-based MP3
        players (suggested by Wilfred van Rooijen)
      * Write channel list to channels.opml, which will be the default
        channel list in upcoming versions
      * Notification dialog when the selected player application cannot
        be executed when playing episodes

Changes
      * New gpodder.util module that combines independent utility
        functions
      * Rename gpodder.gpodder to gpodder.gui in preparation for
        absolute imports
      * Better compatibility for old PyGTK versions that lack some
        properties
      * Remove opmlChannel, libopml{reader,writer}.py and add new opml
        module

Bugfixes
      * Patch by Nick to fix an issue with the wrong python-id3 package
        being used
      * Free up download queue slots when queued downloads are cancelled
        before they are started
      * Fix bug in the iPod synchronization code that would only sync
        the first episode of an episode list (thanks to Nick for
        reporting)
      * Fix errors related to icons not available in the selected icon
        theme (thanks to Richard Voigt for reporting)
      * Fix errors when downloading channel covers that contain invalid
        data (thanks to Richard Voigt for reporting)

Thanks
      * Nick for patches, bug reports and support on the mailing list
      * Richard Voigt for bug reports and the invalid channel cover
        patch
      * Wilfred van Rooijen for reporting the empty episode title bug

The announcement and downloads can be found on the gPodder website:

  http://gpodder.berlios.de/

Enjoy,