[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.9.4 for Ubuntu Feisty

  • From: roel at roelgroeneveld.com (Roel Groeneveld)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:24:12 +0200

Hey guys,

I just noticed that www.getdeb.net provides a .deb file of 0.9.4 for
Ubuntu Feisty.
http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=gPodder
I just tested it, and it installed without any issues for me.

This is very useful, since on Ubuntu gPodder is only available on Gutsy.
If I'm correct, unlike Debian, only around 5-10% of all Ubuntu users
run the unstable version. This means that 90% of 6-12 million Ubuntu
users currently cannot install gPodder without compiling until
October. Unless they know about the getdeb package. :)

So may I suggest that it is linked from the gPodder download page?
http://gpodder.berlios.de/downloads.html   :-)

Best regards,

Roel
--