[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.16.0 "Man of Science, Man of Faith" released

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:08:04 -0700

Hello there!

Another release is out, thanks to all who were involved and helped
making this release the best gPodder release so far! We have added
some additional target systems for this release:

 * Maemo 5 (Fremantle)
 * Mer (Maemo Restructured)
 * Windows (XP/Vista)

This means that you can now run gPodder on more systems out there :)

Below you will find a copy of the announcement, as posted on

  http://gpodder.org/news

You can download packages for Debian, Ubuntu, Maemo 4 and Windows
and of course the source package on the downloads page at

  http://gpodder.org/downloads

A new set of screenshots has also been created to show 0.16.0 running
on different systems:

  http://gpodder.org/screenshots

    * Auto-detect run path (makes --local obsolete)
    * Better screen space usage for the Maemo UI (no more tabs)
    * Newly supported target: Maemo 5 (Fremantle)
    * Newly supported target: Mer (Maemo Reconstructed)
    * Newly supported target: Windows (Tested with XP/Vista)
    * A HUGE set of bug fixes and performance improvements
    * Transition to GtkBuilder means removal of Glade dependency

See the detailed changelog for more information.

Thanks to Junio Hamano who sent practical Git book from my Amazon
wishlist.

Thanks also to all the contributors with which this release would
not have been possible, ranked by commits: Thomas Perl (81), nikosapi
(6), Shane Huntley (5), Fabio Fiorentini (4), Torbj?rn Wassberg (4),
Gon?alo Cordeiro (3), Jim Nyg?rd (3), Marco Antonio Villegas Vega (3),
Bernd Schlapsi (2), J?r?me Chabod (2), Markus Golser (2), Silvio Sisto
(2), Ville-Pekka Vainio (2), Anders Kvist (1), Bastian Kleineidam (1),
Eric Le Lay (1), Paul Rudkin (1) and Steven Oxley (1).

We obviously also switched our source for release titles. The new
release
can be downloaded from the Downloads page. Please report any problems
you
find to the gPodder bug tracker.