[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.11.2 "Walk like a Panther" released

  • From: uberChick at uberChicGeekChick.Com (Kaity G. B.; et. al.)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:43:02 -0600

<head> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
charset=UTF-8">&lt;head&gt; &lt;meta http-equiv="content-type"
content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"&gt;
**I just spent >2hrs writing a much better email**

But, surprise surprise it got nuked.  I've told you I suck @e-mail so
badly.  Any ways I'll re-write my complete email later.  Here my short
recap. 1.) I've been gonefor so long because of some serious health
issues.  Luckily I've finally received a clean bill of health &hospitals
should be long out of the future(w/any luck).  A few quick things: I'm
ready to post my gPodder helper script for running &syncing gPodder from
the command line so it can be ran through a cron job &etc.  But before I
post it I'm wondering if, w/gPodder 0.11.2[should be 0.12.0 *wink*
lol].  Any ways w/0.11.2 would running `gpodder --run --sync` accomplish
what we've been talking?  2.) Is the new sync code in place enough,
either in 0.11.2 or subversion, to where I could begin working on
converting/adding SQLite support?  3.) Can I a get a link, or @least a
reminder as to what coding standard gPodder uses, PYN-9, or what was
it?  4.) &The real focus to my e-mail.  I just tried to upgrade to
gPodder 0.11.2.  The GUIs awesome &I'm super looking forward to taking
advantage of the additional features, not to mention the bug fixes.
*Awesome job everyone!*  But when I try to run `gpodder --run` from the
cli gPodder dies with the following error:

        /Traceback (most recent call last):
           File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 166, in <module>
             sys.exit( main())
           File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 125, in main
             from gpodder import console
           File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/console.py",
        line 21, in <module>
           File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/download.py",
        line 29, in <module>
           File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/libgpodder.py",
        line 37, in <module>
           File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/config.py",
        line 60, in <module>
        NameError: name 'default_bittorrent_dir' is not defined/

     I hope that this is an easy issue to fix, I'm sure it is.  I've
tried adding a default_bittorrent_dir directive to gpodder.conf with no
luck.  However the current subversion build(679's what I checked out).
So I'm using the subversion build, in addition to coding on it.  My
final question, For any bug fixes that I fix, sqlite conversion,
playlist manager, &using python-xine to enable media playing right
inside gPodder(w/support for all the beautiful codecs,
&*cough-ick-gah*).  So question: 4.) Any ways I'm glad to finally be
back, glad to be alive, &looking forward to start making some
contributions to this project.

I hope you/everyone is doing wonderfully; please take care,
Kaity G. B.; et. al.
P.S. I really am working on my websites:

    * http://Dystonia-DREAMS.Org/ <http://dystonia-dreams.org/>: support
      group for everyone, like myself, living beyong living with
      Generalized Dystonia.
    * http://uberChicGeekChick.Com/ <http://uberchicgeekchick.com/>: My
      page &podcast about: art &self-expression through?>OSS->creating
      art(graphic design, animation, video, audio, &more).
    * http://uberChicks.Net/ <http://uberchicks.net/>: Highlighting
      womens' OSS contributions &projects.  Includes writings,
      interviews, &podcast.
    * http://openSuSE.uberChicks.Net/ <http://opensuse.uberchicks.net/>:
      openSuSE's official women community.
            @ irc://irc.opensuse.org/openSuSE-women &
            irc://irc.opensuse.org/openSuSE-uberChicks