[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.10.0 on Windows

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:25:44 +0200

Hello, Pieter!

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 16:45 +0200, Pieter De Decker wrote:
> Thanks, I might test it the next time I have to take care of some
> other Windows stuff. Does gPodder Windows store its settings in a
> folder or the Windows Registry? Cause if it saves its settings in a
> folder like gPodder Linux does, I could share my gPodder Linux profile
> with gPodder Windows so that I can update my iPod using both
> platforms. I'm already using a similar set-up for Mozilla Thunderbird.

"gPodder for Windows" (hehe..) uses the same file structure as the
original gPodder, it uses "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\"
instead of "/home/YOURUSERNAME/", so you will find all directories and
files you need in the usual locations. BUT, at the moment, you cannot
use the iPod sync feature (i.e. iTunesDB, "Apple Firmware"). You can,
however, use the MP3 player sync feature (i.e. Rockbox on iPod).

I have not looked into compiling libgpod and its Python bindings for
Windows, that's the reason why currently ipod-sync doesn't work there.

> On a side note: the icons from the gPodder GUI look *really* old. Do
> you think it'd be hard to change them? :)

Which icons? "gPodder for Windows" uses stock GTK icons and icons from
the icon theme (Gnome Icon Theme). On Linux, it all depends on the icon
theme you set in your DE. I don't know why GTK on Windows doesn't use
the icon theme icons for the stock icons as well.