[gpodder-devel] Wrong length again

  • From: goetz.waschk at gmail.com (Götz Waschk)
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 20:30:59 +0200

(http://www.archive.org/download/Cory_Doctorow_Podcast_91/Cory_Doctorow_Podcast_91_The_Hacker_Crackdown_Part_006.mp3)
> > gets a length of 29:55, that's the value I get from mplayer -identify:
> > ID_LENGTH=1795.00
> > The true length according to audacious is 31:07.
> Is this the true length indeed or only "according to" audacious? What
> kind of MP3 codec/library is audacious using? It's kind of hard, as it
> seems there is no "perfect" library to detect file lengths, I thought
> mplayer would be the best idea, but it seems like mplayer fails when
> other codecs don't and vice versa.

Hi,

the length according to mplayer is too short, you miss the last part
of this audio file, while audacious can play the whole. Audacious is
based on the mad library for decoding MP3.

Regards, G?tz

--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.