[gpodder-devel] Wishlist

  • From: omahns.home at gmail.com (Paul Elliott)
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:12:52 +0100

Hi Thomas,

On 08/10/2007, Thomas Perl <thp at perli.net> wrote:

> Hello, Paul!
>
> On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 08:03 +0100, Paul Elliott wrote:
> > On 07/10/2007, Thomas Perl <thp at perli.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Episodes should never be copied repeatedly, because gPodder will check
> if the episode exists on the player and skip it if it does:

<snip>
- On FS-based MP3 players, it will check if the file that is to

>    be copied already exists on the MP3 player (same name=same file)

Aha, that makes sense now.

This is how I manage my podcasts.. I have a Creative Zen Vision M. It's an
MTP device so I have to use a program with MTP support to copy the podcasts
to it. At the moment, I use gnomad 2. I download my podcasts in gpodder,
tell it to sync to a folder on my desktop and then I move those podcasts
from that folder in to my MTP device with gnomad 2. As a result, gpodder
copies the same files over and over again as they have disappeared from what
it believes is the MP3 player. (When it's only really a staging area for me
to copy with gnomad 2).

I'm not sure of a way around this at the moment other than adding a
preference in gpodder to only copy unsynced and unplayed episodes without
checking if the file already exists.. what's your thoughts?

--
Paul Elliott (omahn)
Systems Engineer, Option-C Services
omahns.home at gmail.com