[gpodder-devel] Translators: Please update your translations

  • From: vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi (Ville-Pekka Vainio)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:54:16 +0200

I'm part of the Fedora L10n team, but not a Transifex developer, I'll
try to answer some of these questions.

to, 2008-12-11 kello 08:55 -0700, Thomas Perl kirjoitti:
> That sounds nice. Is it possible to set up translations for gPodder
> on the translate.fedoraproject.org or some other server?

It should be. To my knowledge translate.fedoraproject.org is the only
widely used public Transifex installation so far.

> How would the
> translators be able to update their translations then? Simply register
> an account on translate.fedoraproject.org and edit the translation files
> via a web-based interface?

There's not a web-based editor for translations (yet) in Transifex, it's
a submission system. So the translators would get themselves a Fedora
Account System account (which should be fairly simple), they would edit
the po file with their favorite local editor and then they would submit
the po file with Transifex to your git repo. You'd need to set up a
special user to your git repo which would have commit rights to the
directory containing the po files and Transifex would use that user for
actually making the commits.

With Transifex you wouldn't need to handle the commits of new po files
yourself and you might even get more translations/translators from the
existing translate.fedoraproject.org contributors.

BTW, I've also been working on a Finnish translation of gPodder, but
it's still too incomplete to be added. I hope to have more time to work
on it during the upcoming holidays.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio