[gpodder-devel] Too many episodes!!

  • From: sisto.silvio at gmail.com (Silvio Sisto)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:31:17 -0200

I've been subscribed to the "Buzz out loud" podcast for a while now
and it has accumulated a lot of episodes on the list. Gpodder now has
around 150 episodes and every time I click on the podcast it takes
around 15 to 20 seconds to load the list on the N810. Switching
between the different view options doesn't help. I have a few other
podcasts whith a rapid release cycle which have the same problem.

Seeing the rss feed there are only 9 episodes shown:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/cnet/buzzoutloud?format=xml

Is it possible to make gpodder remember about let's say 20 or 30 of
the newest episodes and forget about the rest?  I suspect this would
greatly improve the performance. Has this bug been reported? If not
I'll just go ahead and put it in the bug tracker.

Thanks! BR,
Silvio