[gpodder-devel] Sync to iPod with empty 'episode' field

  • From: wvanrooijen at yahoo.com (Wilfred van Rooijen)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:33:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Thomas,

this may be FAQ, but:

I ran the command

svn co
ttp://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/gpodder/trunk
gpodder

A couple of files were downloaded, ending with

Checked out revision 367.

Then I cd into the gpodder dir, and issue 'make test'.
This is the result:

rooijen at love206a-rooijen ~/gpodder $ make test
bin/gpodder --local --verbose
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/gpodder", line 145, in ?
    sys.exit( main())
  File "bin/gpodder", line 101, in main
    from gpodder import console
  File "/home/rooijen/gpodder/src/gpodder/console.py",
line 29, in ?
    from libgpodder import gPodderChannelReader
  File
"/home/rooijen/gpodder/src/gpodder/libgpodder.py",
line 396
    return ( True, command_line[0] )
                                   ^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer
indentation level
make: *** [test] Error 1

Is this my fault? Do I need to set any environment
vars or something? The devel-list archives are not
really searchable, so it's difficult to find much
info.

Regards,
Wilfred

--- Thomas Perl <thp at perli.net> wrote:

> Hello, Wilfred!
>
> On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 16:50 -0700, Wilfred van
> Rooijen wrote:
> > > Seems obvious. The only unique string I can
> derive
> > > on a per-episode basis from _every_ RSS podcast
> is a hash of the URL.
> > > This makes the file names unreadable in standard
> directory browsers
> > > (that's how gPodder stores the episodes in its
> download directory, btw).
> >
> > I don't read the file name, so some md5 string
> would
> > be fine with me.
>
> Ok, I've implemented this in the current svn trunk
> head, please check
> out the svn version of gPodder (see the
> gPodder-devel mailing list
> archives for a guide on how to do it). You can then
> run the SVN version
> of gPodder with "make test" in the checked out
> working copy. If all
> works well, gPodder should sync with md5-hashed
> filenames, based on the
> URL of the episode.
>
> Tell me if this works for you now!
>
> > > To be honest, this is a bug that the RSS feed
> author
> > > should fix (I mean, empty episode
> titles...HELLO?!), but if we find a
> > > nice, hack-ish workaround, I might be ready to
> commit it to our
> > > codebase :)
> >
> > Okay, I'll send then an email about this.
>
> That would be really helpful, as it's better to have
> working podcasts
> than to come up with many client-side fixes for
> problems that are
> related to a malformed (or odd-structured) RSS file.
>

> Thanks,
> Thomas

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/