[gpodder-devel] Survey: What's your gPodder workflow?

  • From: pdedecker at gmail.com (Pieter De Decker)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:13:34 +0100

Hi Thomas,

* How often do you check for new episodes? Manual or automatically?

I'm using the automatic check.

* To how many channels are you currently subscribed to?

16

* Do you leave your episodes in gPodder or export them using "save as"?

I leave 'em there.

* Do you use the iPod/MP3 player or Bluetooth sync feature? With what?

I use the iPod sync feature with my iPod touch. Unfortunately, the iPod
touch is not entirely supported by libgpod, which causes my iPod to not
handle play counts correctly. Another disadvantage of using the Touch on
Linux is that the wireless sync is slow as hell. That's why I have decided
to move back to iTunes.

I know that that's what Apple has been trying to make me do ever since I
bought it by locking up the device, but they leave me no choice. I really
appreciate all the volunteers that helped develop iPod management software
for Linux. To everyone who contributed to gPodder, gtkpod and libgpod: you
guys are awesome! I'll keep checking back on progress being made every so
often though.

* Have you written custom scripts/utilities to fix gPodder annoyances?

Nope, I don't know how to make stuff in Python.

* Have you had problems with some feeds? (missing pubdate, length,...)

I sometimes had to delete feedcache.db when feeds didn't load properly, but
aside from that everything has been working fine for me.

* Are you using other podcast-related services that could be integrated
  into gPodder but currently aren't?
Enhanced podcast support would be nice but impossible, considering that
libgpod treats them as regular podcasts.

* Have you been using gPodders ogg-to-mp3 conversion feature for iPods?
I'm not aware of that feature. Is it a recent SVN addition?

* Are you running the SVN version of gPodder or which released version?
I'm using an outdated SVN version (timestamp: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:15:40
+0100).

Pieter