[gpodder-devel] Survey: What's your gPodder workflow?

  • From: priestoftime at googlemail.com (Shane Donohoe)
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 15:17:14 +0000

OK, here are my answers.

> Hello!
>
> As promised some months ago, here's the survey about your use cases for
> gPodder. Please take the time to write a short description on how you
> use gPodder and with what devices you use it, especially:
>
>  * How often do you check for new episodes? Manual or automatically?

Automatically every 30 minutes.

>  * To how many channels are you currently subscribed to?

16 channels.

>  * Do you leave your episodes in gPodder or export them using "save as"?

I leave them in gpodder.

>  * Do you use the iPod/MP3 player or Bluetooth sync feature? With what?

Sometimes I use the sync feature with my iaudio M5 (filesystem based mp3
player), but I don't do it too often.

>  * Have you written custom scripts/utilities to fix gPodder annoyances?

No, not yet. Once I learn some python I might. I was thinking of making
something to let it convert videos to dpg or dsv format, for playing on
the nintendo DS and then transfering them.

>  * Have you had problems with some feeds? (missing pubdate, length,...)

Just one, which had a password. I sorted it out in the end.

>  * Are you using other podcast-related services that could be integrated
>    into gPodder but currently aren't?

None that I can think of.

>  * Have you been using gPodders ogg-to-mp3 conversion feature for iPods?

No, my mp3 player plays ogg vorbis.

>  * Are you running the SVN version of gPodder or which released version?

svn version.