[gpodder-devel] Survey: What's your gPodder workflow?

  • From: noneus at noneus.de (Stefan Lohmaier)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 01:15:41 +0100

Hi there,

I use gpodder everyday. Here are my answers:

>  * How often do you check for new episodes? Manual or automatically?

Automatically every 20 minutes

>  * To how many channels are you currently subscribed to?

18. That's only my video podcasts. I have 20 more audio podcasts. I
tried to put them in gpodder too, but for me the gui isn't made for
that. (An item above all podcasts for unwatched stuff would be nice or
anything similar so you can get to all your unwatched stuff fast
without having to look at the small numbers after the names.)

>  * Do you leave your episodes in gPodder or export them using "save
> as"?

I leave them in gpodder.

>  * Do you use the iPod/MP3 player or Bluetooth sync feature? With
> what?

No. (I used the mass storage thing to get stuff on my mp3 player. I'll
definitely use bluetooth once my new handy is here.)

>  * Have you written custom scripts/utilities to fix gPodder
> annoyances?

No.

>  * Have you had problems with some feeds? (missing pubdate,
> length,...)

No.

>  * Are you using other podcast-related services that could be
> integrated into gPodder but currently aren't?

I'm using amarok for audio podcasts because having 38 podcasts is
something gpodder's gui doesn't handle very nice (See 2. question).

>  * Have you been using gPodders ogg-to-mp3 conversion feature for
> iPods?

No.

>  * Are you running the SVN version of gPodder or which released
> version?

Current release.

Overall I'm pretty happy with gpodder.

Greetings, Stefan