[gpodder-devel] Survey: What's your gPodder workflow?

  • From: wvanrooijen at yahoo.com (Wilfred van Rooijen)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:44:12 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

>  * How often do you check for new episodes? Manual
> or automatically?

I start gPodder about twice a week, manual feed
update, then download desired new episodes manually
(i.e. I do not use the 'these episodes are available
for download' window)

>  * To how many channels are you currently subscribed
> to?

12

>  * Do you leave your episodes in gPodder or export
> them using "save as"?

No, leave in gPodder

>  * Do you use the iPod/MP3 player or Bluetooth sync
> feature? With what?

I sync all downloads immediately to an iPod running
Rockbox. I delete all downloads immediately after
that.

>  * Have you written custom scripts/utilities to fix
> gPodder annoyances?

No

>  * Have you had problems with some feeds? (missing
> pubdate, length,...)

Yes, I have several feeds that somehow don't work.
I've contacted the administrators of the site with the
problematic feeds but they never respond. I've more or
less resigned to it. I can download the podcasts also
with DownThemAll from that particular site.

>  * Are you using other podcast-related services that
> could be integrated
>    into gPodder but currently aren't?

No.

>  * Have you been using gPodders ogg-to-mp3
> conversion feature for iPods?

No. I didn't know there was such a feature. I may use
it in the future.

>  * Are you running the SVN version of gPodder or
> which released version?

SVN

Regards,
Wilfred