[gpodder] Status of YouTube breakage

  • From: Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:05:22 +0200

Hi,

We're aware of the YouTube issues recently reported. I'll try to maybe
make some time on the weekend to look into it and provide a fix. If
anybody is faster and provides a pull request, feel free to submit
that on Github.

As somini posted, for now you can get the channel ID of the new feed
via this API request (you might have to request an API key for
yourself and supply it as "key" parameter), where USERNAME is the
username part of the old feed URL:

https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?forUsername=USERNAME&part=id

And from that you can then get the video feed by using the following URL:

https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=CHANNEL_ID

This feed still works with current gPodder versions.

HTH :)