[gpodder] Re: Sailfish

  • From: Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 21:33:35 +0200

Hi,

> Hello, I'd like two features for the sailfish/qml version: bluetooth remote
> control and automatic (or at least remote controlled) stepping to the next
> item
> to play.
>
> Is anyone working on those?  Is there some way I can help?

Sure, write the code and send a pull request for review and merging.

> I did look to see how the Jolla player handles bluetooth commands, but that
> seems to be in some non-published code.  I've had no luck finding any other
> references for bluetooth clients.

If the middleware hasn't changed too much, it might still work via
some D-Bus objects, e.g. in MeeGo Harmattan it worked like this:

https://github.com/gpodder/gpodder/blob/master/src/gpodder/qmlui/helper.py#L47

Just use dbus-monitor with --session or --system and then use the
Bluetooth headset buttons to see if you spot any events this way.

HTH :)