[gpodder-devel] Results of the Usability evaluation

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 08:02:30 +0200

Hello!

The ones of you that read the gPodder roadmap[1] regulary (for no
particular reason) might have noticed that we were carrying out an
Usability Test this month. Thanks to the people at INSO, we were allowed
to test the Usability of gPodder as one of our compulsory exercises.

The document is available from the gPodder website:

  http://gpodder.org/files/user_test_2008-05.pdf

The text is in German, so if you don't speak that language, you might
have a hard time understanding most of the text, but you can still watch
the screenshots and see which usability problems we have found.

The problems found are targetted to be fixed until the 1.0 release of
gPodder in August. I'll be filing bug reports about the problems
mentioned soon and will integrate these into the Roadmap[1], so we have
a rough plan of what we want to do.

For implementing/fixing the issues mentioned, I'd be happy to get some
volunteers from this mailing list to get their hands dirty on the
gPodder codebase :) June will be busy University-wise, so there's not so
much time I can afford putting into getting gPodder forward, so any help
from the community is appreciated.

[1] http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Roadmap