[gpodder-devel] Removal of channels combobox?

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:49:21 +0200

Hello, gPodder users and developers!

We've had the new channel navigator since mid-July (that is, since
0.9.4). Since then, I've been thinking about removing the old ComboBox
that lists the available channels, as this functionality is duplicated
with the new channel navigator. Of course, it could be that somebody
uses the combo box and has the channel navigator hidden. That's why I'm
asking you to give some input and your opinion about this matter.

Here's how it'd look like when removing the combobox:

http://spock.thpinfo.com/~thp/images/gpodder-no-comboavailable.png

It would bring some screen real estate (display ~ 2 more episodes in the
available episodes list) and simplify the code a bit by removing the
specific data fields only needed for the combobox.

Do you think the combobox should be removed in favor of the channel
navigator or can you tell me a good reason why the combobox should stay?