[gpodder] Re: Question: minimize to system tray on Windows?

  • From: Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:05:55 +0100

Hi,

It's not implemented directly, but you can use a third party app like
http://rbtray.sourceforge.net that should do the trick. Or google for
"windows minimize any program to system tray" to find alternative
programs.

HTH :)

I’ve just started to look at gPodder. I’m on Windows. I have version
3.8.5.

I’d like to be able to minimize gPodder to the system tray. I’d like to
just keep it running all the time to look for and download new episodes of
the podcasts I track, but I won’t live with having it stay in my regular
Task bar all the time.

I searched the archives of this mail list and I found several other
references to this, several years old, but it appears that it still hasn’t
been implemented. Or at least, I can’t find any option for it.

Is there any update on implementing this feature? Has it been scrapped? If
it’s been scraped, why?

Thank you.

Cory Hug

drwho54@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx