[gpodder-devel] Proposition: progress bar on the tray icon

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:22:57 +0100

Hello, ?J?r?me!

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 08:42 +0100, jerome.chabod at ifrance.com wrote:
> I first tried the method you described with drawing qith pycairo.
> Unfortunately - it certainly due to my inexperience - I noticed while
> it's easy to draw a rectangle on a pixmap (bit image), it was more
> complicated on a pixbuf (vectorial image, like the icon is and should
> stay), and I did not succed.
> Show me the way then I'll try again and we will compare the 2 methods.
>
> On the other side, composing with svg with so simple image seems to be
> efficient, and one who would change the progress bar appareance would
> only have to deal with svg images and not with python coding.

Attached is the patch that does the progress bar on the tray icon thing
using Cairo. Please have a look. I am not sure about the colors, maybe
you can come up with better-suited ones (changeable in
src/gpodder/draw.py in 0.0-1.0 RGBA values).

Also, there seems to be a mysterious bug that doesn't remove the arrow
from the icon when stopping downloads.

Enjoy,
Thomas