[gpodder-devel] Problems with vlc

  • From: nikosapi at gmail.com (nikosapi)
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:42:49 -0400

On Thursday 22 March 2007 12:52:56 Preben Randhol wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having a problem with vlc and gpodder. If I use xmms I can hear all
> podcasts, but if I try to use vlc then some podcasts are not played.
> Vlc just goes fast to the end and stops. But it doesn't seem to have
> loaded the correct file as the counter seem to count some few seconds
> only. I have problems with all episodes in a channel, it is not just
> some episodes that doesn't work.
>
> I'm unsure how I can best debug the problem. Any hints to where I should
> put some print sentences in the code to test is much appreciated.
>
> I have the same problem in the latest svn version also.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Preben

I you want to try debugging this you could do something like this:

- Write the following to a file (I named it findcmd):

#!/bin/bash
echo -e "$@\n" >> ~/Desktop/command.txt

- Save the file somewhere (eg. on the desktop) and make it executable:

chmod +x ~/Desktop/findcmd

- In the gpodder preferences select "Shell Command" as a player and use the
following command (replace "xmms -e" with whatever you had there with vlc):

~/Desktop/findcmd xmms -e %F

Then choose a file and click play. A file called command.txt will appear on
your desktop with the command that gpodder would have attempted to execute.

Good luck,

nick