[gpodder] Re: Problem with gpodder.net api

  • From: Stefan Kögl <koeglstefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 11:31:32 +0200

Hi,

I just noticed that I apparently missed your email - sorry about that!

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Juuso Ala-Uotila
<juuso.alauotila@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm developing an app that uses gpodder.net public api. I have recently
> noticed that the api is not available from time to time. Today I noticed
> that changing the http to https helps. For example if I call
> "http://gpodder.net/toplist/10.json"; I receive "Bad Gateway 502" but if I
> use TLS "https://gpodder.net/toplist/10.json"; the answer is as expected. Is
> there some kind of transition to https going on?

Previously (at the time you wrote the mail) requests were routed based
on a number of criteria (including protocol), and one of the target
servers was rather overloaded. This should be solved in the meantime
already, and you should get the same responses for http and https.
Feel free to use whatever you prefer.

-- Stefan