[gpodder-devel] Preference Dialog errors in ver 228

  • From: robertkyoung at gmail.com (Robert Young)
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:43:56 +1030

On 1/7/07, Alain TAUCH <contrib at maisondubonheur.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:12:10 +0100
> Thomas Perl [Thomas] wrote:
>
> Thomas> On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:18:18 +0100 Alain TAUCH wrote:
> [...]
> Thomas> > Looks like you used a fresh config (no ~/.config/gpodder folder), so
> Thomas> > you don't have a download_dir set and gpodder didn't handle it
> Thomas> > properly ... oops ;-)
> Thomas>
> Thomas> I've tried to set the download dir value to some sane value every time
> Thomas> the gPodderLib() object is created. This should fix the error above,
> Thomas> even when starting with a fresh (e.g. non-existent) config.
> [...]
> Thomas> > This one is more annoying, you cannot use the default download
> folder
> Thomas> > (nor specify another one) ... hum ...
> Thomas>
> Thomas> Also fixed, because downloaddir will never get "None", basically (or
> at
> Thomas> least I hope so. If not, we have to check for the return value of the
> Thomas> get_filename() call in gpodder.py near line 1090. Please test this fix
> Thomas> now in svn trunk head.
> Thomas>
> Thomas> > Another thing: the synchronization tab displays (in this case) all
> Thomas> > choices at the same time, I guess it should only display the "None"
> Thomas> > case.
> Thomas>
> Thomas> Huh? Is this bug a result of the above code causing a traceback or is
> Thomas> it some specific case I haven't yet experienced? Works for me (only
> Thomas> display the options that make sense for the selected sync method).
>
> All this seems to be fixed now (rev 229), great job !

Just updated to rev 231, and the first issue is fixed (thanks!!), but
the second is still there.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./src/gpodder/gpodder.py", line 1093, in on_btnOK_clicked
    download_dir_size = gl.get_size( gl.downloaddir)
  File "./src/gpodder/libgpodder.py", line 318, in get_size
    if isfile( filename):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/posixpath.py", line 208, in isfile
    st = os.stat(path)
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

In gpodder 0.8 I thought the download directory defaulted to
.config/gpodder/downloads, but in rev231 the Preferences dialog,
Downloads tab shows the download directory to be the current working
directory (i.e. ~/gpodder)?? Sorry I'm not able to be more help.

Regards,
Rob.