[gpodder-devel] Preference Dialog errors in ver 228

  • From: contrib at maisondubonheur.com (Alain TAUCH)
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:49:09 +0100

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:12:10 +0100
Thomas Perl [Thomas] wrote:

Thomas> On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:18:18 +0100 Alain TAUCH wrote:
[...]
Thomas> > Looks like you used a fresh config (no ~/.config/gpodder folder), so
Thomas> > you don't have a download_dir set and gpodder didn't handle it
Thomas> > properly ... oops ;-)
Thomas>
Thomas> I've tried to set the download dir value to some sane value every time
Thomas> the gPodderLib() object is created. This should fix the error above,
Thomas> even when starting with a fresh (e.g. non-existent) config.
[...]
Thomas> > This one is more annoying, you cannot use the default download folder
Thomas> > (nor specify another one) ... hum ...
Thomas>
Thomas> Also fixed, because downloaddir will never get "None", basically (or at
Thomas> least I hope so. If not, we have to check for the return value of the
Thomas> get_filename() call in gpodder.py near line 1090. Please test this fix
Thomas> now in svn trunk head.
Thomas>
Thomas> > Another thing: the synchronization tab displays (in this case) all
Thomas> > choices at the same time, I guess it should only display the "None"
Thomas> > case.
Thomas>
Thomas> Huh? Is this bug a result of the above code causing a traceback or is
Thomas> it some specific case I haven't yet experienced? Works for me (only
Thomas> display the options that make sense for the selected sync method).

All this seems to be fixed now (rev 229), great job !

--
Alain