[gpodder] Re: Playlists & two-way device synching

  • From: Johannes Debler <johannes.debler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 08:45:36 +0800

Hi Joseph,

first of all your ideas sound good. I have a few suggestions though.

I would also like to have a playlist that includes all podcasts, maybe
that is what you meant with play groups.

As for syncing. I tell you how i handled that so far with my rockbox.

All my downloaded podcasts got imported into foobar. There i sorted them
by date and created a playlist. I then used foobar to send all the
podcasts to my rockbox.
That way once i was finished with one playlist i could load that
playlist back into foobar and make foobar delete the files on the
playlist from the player. As you can see, this way i can have gpodder
download podcasts, load them to foobar, have foobar create a playlist,
send that together with the podcasts to the rockbox and once i am
finished have foobar delete the specific podcasts again. That way I am
also able to have multiple playlists, depending on how often i download
new stuff.

Therefore i would prefer if the syncing method would only create a new
playlist without interfereing with the ones that are already on the
player. That way i do not have to delete every episode by hand after i
listend to it but rather use foobar to delete everything from that
playlist after i am through with it. The playlists could be named based
on the date and time they were created to avoid confusion.

Cheers

Johannes