[gpodder-devel] On the status of the gPodder project

  • From: wvanrooijen at yahoo.com (Wilfred van Rooijen)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:29:27 -0800 (PST)

In my opinion, an email list is more 'private' and as a result the threshold to
use it is higher. This is good and bad: good as in "you won't have to deal with
FAQs", bad as in "some potential users will be intimidated".

I use both forums and email in courses I teach for (large) classes. Both have
their strengths and weaknesses. The biggest weakness of a forum is that if the
question gets sent to the wrong category, it won't get proper attention. Thus,
good moderators are a must.

For gpodder, I'd say the level of development is such that we should have a
forum.

Cheers,
Wilfred