[gpodder-devel] On the status of the gPodder project

  • From: brian.mckee at gmail.com (Brian McKee)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:02:49 -0500

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Thomas Perl <thp at gpodder.org> wrote:
> what do you think of adding a forum in addition to having the
> development mailing list. Do you think a forum would help users that
> are not familiar with mailing lists? I'm happy to read your opinion!

I think some people are forum people and some people are email people.

Unfortunately in my experience the people that have answers are email people
and the people that have questions are forums people.  That's why I ask on the
mailing list first :-)

If there was some way to use a forum software that autoposted both ways?  The
problem of course is you tend to split the people that can answer between the
two.

I do think forums tend to be preferred by some, and since gpodder is obviously
trying to appeal to more than just kernel hackers, a forum may well be welcomed
by some.

I dunno if that helped any - but I expressed an opinion :-)

Brian