[gpodder-devel] Non-human readable directory and file names

  • From: christoph at webrahmen.ch (Christoph Bloch)
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:07:40 +0100 (CET)

> I've written a lil script that will do what you're looking for Chris.
> Its written in PHP and intergrates gpodder's update.  It does move your
> podcasts' dl directory so its hidden and than your normal directory will
> have names that actually makes sense.  If you have any questions I
> explained in more depth my script in an older posting but feel free to
> email me(read: reply here) and I'll help as soon as I can.  But I
> literally have my script running &checking than moving &alerting me to
> new podcasts pretty much all day long &I'm sure it will do just what
> you're looking for.

Katy, thanks for the message. But I cannot find that script, nor the
message in which you explained it. Where should I look for it?
(There was no link I could see)

Thomas, thanks to you for the hint. This would not change the fact that my
main podcast archive is not human readable, right?

And by the way, i have found out that icepodder (derived from
ipodder/juice, but not in the Ubuntu repositories) can do what I need. So
I don't want to bother you all too much :-)

have a nice day
Christoph