[gpodder-devel] New my.gpodder.org online

  • From: koeglstefan at gmail.com (Stefan Kögl)
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:04:13 +0100

Hi,

A few hours ago we deployed the new my.gpodder.org and migrated all
existing user data. Currently the new version won't differentiate much
from the old one - at least on the surface. You can continue to use it
from gPodder with your old settings. As the new version will use
usernames for identifcation in the future, please go to
http://my.gpodder.org/, log on with your email address and password
and chose your username.

The code is now written in Python, based on the Django Framework, and
is available from [1] under the terms of the AGPL3. Code for the new
features (synchronization, new APIs) is partially complete and will be
finished in the weeks to come.

Everybody wanting to join us in adding features and fixing bugs is welcome.

We are also looking for translators that can help us to provide the
service in the same languages as gPodder. Work on that will start soon
and we should be able to accept translations in mid-December.

Please report any problems that you might notice with the new my.gpodder.org.

-- Stefan

[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/mygpo.git