[gpodder-devel] Multiple message boxes

  • From: me at nikosapi.org (Nick Nobody)
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:05:43 -0400

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Thomas Perl <thp at perli.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Below is a message from a bug report (link below) about how we
> currently deal with multiple errors. To my knowledge, GTK doesn't offer
> the possibility of having one message box having multiple message (at
> least not the stock message box).
>
> Should we go the route of creating a hand-crafted message box that can
> deal with multiple messages that can be switched through (like other
> apps have done before) or that lists the error messages in a text view
> (like GtkPod does)?
>
> What do you think? If possible, please also reply in the bug report
> directly so we can capture all ideas there.
>
> Thanks for your input to this issue,
> Thomas

Perhaps it could be a box that says "X number of errors have occurred"
then have a "More Info" button and a "Close" button. The "More Info"
button would open a text view in the dialog which would display the
errors.

I can't find anything in the gnome HIG about this so I guess we're on
our own here ;)

nick