[gpodder-devel] Moving remaining gPodder-related parts from Berlios

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 11:07:25 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 04:13:03PM +0200, Neal H. Walfield wrote:
> At Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:44:12 +0200,
> Thomas Perl wrote:
> >  * Move to SF.net
> >    + Reliable file hosting, lots of mirrors
> >    + We already have a "gpodder" project there
> >    - Maybe not able to import the old list archives(?)
> >    - Mailing list archives are in a weird forum-style web UI
>
> I don't like SF.net.  I don't like the advertisements that they put at
> the foot of all emails.  Also, I find their mailing list archive
> interface difficult to navigate (although this is less of a problem
> given sites like gmane).

What about hosting the files ourselves (or on SF.net) and hosting the
mailing list somewhere else? Are there good, dedicated mailing list
services for open source projects that we could use?

> >  * Suggest your other project hosting service / etc.. here
>
> Maybe http://savannah.nongnu.org/?  I was chatting with Jim Meyering
> recently (maintainer of coreutils, etc.) and apparently savannah now
> supports using the Debian BTS, which I personally prefer to bugzilla
> as all work can be done via email.

Well, I want to keep our current Bugzilla installation - Paul's doing a
great job of keeping it up to date, and it works great for us. This is
mostly about mailing list and file hosting.

Thanks,
Thomas