[gpodder-devel] Moving remaining gPodder-related parts from Berlios

  • From: neal at walfield.org (Neal H. Walfield)
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 16:13:03 +0200

At Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:44:12 +0200,
Thomas Perl wrote:
>  * Move to SF.net
>    + Reliable file hosting, lots of mirrors
>    + We already have a "gpodder" project there
>    - Maybe not able to import the old list archives(?)
>    - Mailing list archives are in a weird forum-style web UI

I don't like SF.net.  I don't like the advertisements that they put at
the foot of all emails.  Also, I find their mailing list archive
interface difficult to navigate (although this is less of a problem
given sites like gmane).

>  * Suggest your other project hosting service / etc.. here

Maybe http://savannah.nongnu.org/?  I was chatting with Jim Meyering
recently (maintainer of coreutils, etc.) and apparently savannah now
supports using the Debian BTS, which I personally prefer to bugzilla
as all work can be done via email.

Neal