[gpodder-devel] Likely obvious... can't see podcasts in ipod

  • From: goetz.waschk at gmail.com (Götz Waschk)
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:48:52 +0200

On 4/15/07, Darren O'Neil <darrenoneil at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried installing these packages (from Pieter):
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libg/libgpod/libgpod-common_0.4.2-1_all.deb
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libg/libgpod/libgpod1_0.4.2-1_i386.deb
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libg/libgpod/python-gpod_0.4.2-1_i386.deb
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/python-central/python-central_0.5.13-0.1_all.deb

> All installed with no probs.
> However, when I try an ipod sync now I get the error:
> Libraries needed: python-gpod, python-pymad.
> which is confusing since I have these installed.

Hi Darren,

you cannot simply install random packages from the net, that were not
built explicitly for your distribution. From your question below I
read that you are using Ubuntu, while these packages are for Debian.

> Any further hints/guidance you can offer? Will this problem likely go
> away with the release of Feisty Fawn?

If gpodder cannot load the python modules, this could mean that
gpodder and your packages were built for different versions of python.
Python modules for different versions of Python are in different
paths, e.g. /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages vs.
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages on Mandriva 2007.0 vs. Mandriva
2007.1.

Regards, G?tz Waschk

--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.