[gpodder-devel] Likely obvious... can't see podcasts in ipod

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:19:14 +0200

Hello, Darren!

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 23:36 -0400, Darren O'Neil wrote:
> I have used gpodder (most recent version) to grab a bunch of my
> favourite podcasts and successfully sync'd them to my ipod (I can see
> the files on my ipod from Nautilus) but I can't see them anywhere in
> my ipod menus.
>
> Any idea what I am doing wrong?

You have selected "iPod" as type of device and not "Filesystem-based MP3
player"? iPods use a file called iTunesDB that hold metadata information
about the files on the device, and this file needs to be updated for the
iPod to display the files in its menus.

Select type of device: iPod in your preferences dialog. You need to
install python-gpod and at least one of python-pymad or python-eyed3.

Does this solve your problem?

Enjoy,