[gpodder-devel] Is it possible to define a default set of feeds for all users on a system?

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:13:26 +0200

Hello!

> So for the Fedora gpodder packages, I was wondering if it would be
> possible to include a system wide default channel definitions to be
> included by default when a user runs gpodder for the first time.  If
> so, where would a place such a default channel list, such that it
> propogates into a users gpodder config on the first run of gpodder by
> that user?

I think the easiest way is to patch the default value for the "opml_url"
configuration variable in "src/gpodder/config.py" (it's currently set to
directory.opml on gpodder.org). This way, no big changes need to be
done, and Fedora users will get a list of fedora-specific podcasts
listed.

I could add some Fedora-related podcasts to "directory.opml" on
gpodder.org if that is what you want. If not, just patch that one line
with a Fedora-specific URL which will be set as default for new
installations while leaving existing installations as they are.