[gpodder-devel] Icon not showing up?

  • From: michel.salim at gmail.com (Michel Salim)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 18:42:35 -0400

2007/4/2, Michel Salim <michel.salim at gmail.com>:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> 2007/4/2, Thomas Perl <thp at perli.net>:
> > Hello, Michel!
> >
> > Have you tried your simple test case with "gpodder" as the icon name? I
> > suppose the problem with the icon not showing up could be related to not
> > installing gPodder system-wide and/or not calling gtk-update-icon-cache
> > on /usr/share/icons/hicolor/. Please try that on your system and report
> > back success or failure. Currently, it "works for me"(tm).
> >
> Heh, it turns out the Fedora script file does not touch the icon
> directory, and does not use the -f flag either when calling
> gtk-update-icon-cache, so the icon cache was not being updated at all.
> I tried using another icon name (bug-buddy) and it was loaded
> properly.
>
> Sorry for the wrong call. Will let the maintainer know.

And it turns out it's not even the upstream .spec file -- icon
updating was not necessary in 0.9.0, so I introduced the error myself.
Ah well.

By the way, what is the rationale of choosing the version number to be
latest-stable-version + SVN tag, rather than upcoming-stable-version +
SVN tag? Currently, to fit the Fedora versioning scheme (pre-release
packages have release tag 0.upstreamtag.revision, i.e.
0.svn20070401.1) and make sure that RPM still sees this as newer than
the stable 0.9.0, I have to set the version number to 0.9.1.

Thanks!

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/