[gpodder-devel] Icon not showing up?

  • From: michel.salim at gmail.com (Michel Salim)
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:09:20 -0400

This might be a Python 2.5 bug, at least as it is shipped by Fedora's
Rawhide, but after updating today the application icon no longer
showed up.

I added a debugging print call after the default icon was set, in gpodder.py

    gtk.window_set_default_icon_name( 'gpodder')
+  print(gtk.window_get_default_icon_list())

and to my surprise, it printed 'None'

and I had to resort to using gtk.window_set_default_icon (please see
attached diff). Is this a gpodder bug, or a Python bug? Thomas, If it
can't be replicated on your system, I'll file the bug report for
Fedora's Python set-up.

Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/